Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

I decided to not even make this the "What Am I Thankful For" post as there are so many things that I am thankful for right now.  Here are just a few.

I am thankful that even when I start to feel really down about things that are going on in my personal life, I am now able to pull myself out of it and still see the good things in life.  It hasn't been so long since I wasn't able to do that.  I focused solely on the negative and could never see the positive.  I had a constant feeling of "Woe is me".  That's not to say that I don't still think to myself that there really isn't a whole lot more I could take in life.  The good thing is that now I can still see all the wonderful things in my life that surround the things that don't seem so great.

I have the best friends in the world.  Back in the FD's (Fat Days) I didn't really have any "friends".  I had people that I would talk to in class, who probably would have become my friends if I had let them.  They invited me places but I would never go.  I was so unhappy with myself that I just wanted to stay at home all the time.  When I started to run, I gained an entire new network of friends.  Now, I have people that I can call any time and just tell them that I need to run/walk/do hills, whatever, and they are there for me.  I love the fact that these friends started as mostly running friends but we have now graduated to being friends "in real life" also.

I am so thankful for my husband.  We have been together for going on 12 years now (going on 7 married) and I still love him more each day.  He has seen me through the best and loved me through the worst.  He is supportive in whatever I want to do and he is the person that I know I was meant to be with. 

My family is something that I'm truly thankful for but it is a little different this year.  This year has provided the opportunity for me to really see my family band together and help each other out.  I have always known that we love each other, but a lot of times those are just words.  I have had the chance to see my family self sacrifice in order to help each other.  I have sat in a hospital room surrounded by 8 or more family members because we know we are stronger together.

Lastly, and possibly most importantly this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for my grandfather.  He has had a really rough year and been through a lot of things that would seem unbearable to most.  I am thankful for the guidance and love he has provided me and my family over the years.  He is the person I look up to most in this world, and I am very thankful that he's a part of my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment