Sunday, October 24, 2010

Through the Eyes of a Newbie

So rarely when we are out on the trail do we stop to take a look around and really enjoy the settings.  I had the privilege of taking two new trail runners out today.  I wanted to make sure they got the whole experience, so just at random times, I stopped so we could look at the gorgeous views around us.  Even though I've been running those trails for over two years now, even I forget to stop and take it all in.  Trail running provides us with opportunities that the majority of people will never even know we are missing.

I need to stop more frequently and admire the sites instead of just running to get done.  Enjoying the journey is part of the experience.  If it was all about the mileage, more of us would be out on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment